|INGLÉS||31 DE AGOSTO||JU-VC||IV ING JU-VC (PT- FCE LISTENING & WRITING)|
|INGLÉS||5 DE OCTUBRE||JU-VC||IV ING JU-VC (ED- PROYECTO FCE SKILLS: EXTREME SPORTS)|
|INGLÉS||26 DE OCTUBRE||JU-VC||IV ING JU-VC (ED- PROYECTO FCE SKILLS: FAME AND MEDIA)|
- Celedón – Romaní
- Salaberry – Del Campo – Bartucevicç
- Novoa – Viñales
- Valenzuela – Airola
- Aldridge – Paredes
- Gillet – Trincado – Young
Instructions: IVM Project fame and media
*To be presented in the auditorium, both classes together.
Ms. Verónica’s groups
- TALK SHOW
Franco Paredes – Kenneth Aldridge
Lukas Bartucevic – Gregorio Salaberry
Benjamín Valenzuela – Renato Airola
Joaquín Young – Mathias Trincado – Tomás Gillet (Pinkman, White and Interviewer)
- FRIEND’S TALK
Vicente Undurraga – Sebastian Novoa – Sebastián Viñales (talk about Vidal)
- ON-AIR RADIO SHOW
Eduardo Celedón – Diego Romaní
- To show knowledge about extreme sports using realia.
- To express ideas with coherence in relation to how practicing the sport.
- To use key vocabulary related to the extreme sport chosen.
Task procedures: video-shooting-task-procedures
Assessment criteria: VIDEO RUBRIC
Use this video as an example: https://vimeo.com/34666308
Video length: 4- 5 minutes
Deadline: 5 October
Look at he following video and predict what this unit will be about:
Today’s lessons will be divided into 6 activities, each of them has points and they will make 1 full mark for the upcoming test. Doing those activities is up to you, whether you want to have that base mark or not.
- Reading: FCE p. 49 (8 points)
- Research: WordPress site (5 points)
- Listening: FCE p.50 (6 points)
- Personal Response: WordPress site (2 points)
- Writing: WordPress site (15 points)
Total points: 36
0-2 points: 1tenth
2-4 points: 2 tenth
5-8 points: 3 tenth
9-12 points: 4 tenth
13-16 points: 5 tenth
17-20 points: 6 tenth
21-24 points: 7 tenth
25-28 points: 8 tenth
29-32 points: 9 tenth
33-36 points: ONE FULL MARK
Choose one of the following testimonies about the recovery of sport injuries and then, answer the questions below:
N°1: SOCCER. The Hit That Ended Briana Scurry’s Soccer Career
N°2: SNOWBOARD. The Crash Reel’s Kevin Pearce recalls horror of snowboard crash
N°3: BODY BUILDING. Sports Injury Recovery: Distal Bicep Rupture of Sebastian Maclean.
N°4: RUGBY. Thom Evans.
PART A – Research
1.- What is the name of the sports person?
2.- What is the name of the injury?
3.- How and when did it happen?
4.- Did he/she recover? How?
5.- What were the consequences of this injury in his/her career?
PART B – Personal case
1.- What is your favorite sport?
2.- What are some common injuries? Make a list of 5 and write a brief description of them.
PART C – Written task
Write down a 120-180 story for an international magazine. The story must begin with the following words:
When I felt the blood on my face, I knew that something wrong was going on.
Optional remedial activity: “Speech” – Deadline: Friday July 3rd, 12:00 p.m. printed and handed out at the ED
Write down a 250-400 word speech with the following title: “What I am going to miss most about my school is…”
Use the following video and instructions below to write it.
Remember that you have to respect the following outline:
- Opening (how you are going to get the audience attention)
- Premise (idea that you are promoting)
- Call for action (what you want your audience to do)
- Close (a conclusion connected to the opening, if possible)
Deadline: Friday July 3rd, at 12:00 p.m. printed and handed out at the English Department
IMPORTANT: This evaluation will change the worst grade of the semester, except the EXAM.
Use at least 5 connectors from the following list:
- The next point I’d like to make is…
- In conclusion…
- My first point is…
- In fact…
- As you can see from these examples…
- First….second…. third…
- Now that we have established…
- Keeping these points in mind…
- Now that we understand…
- Let’s begin with…
- My next example is…
- In the same way…
- In addition to…
- At the same time…
- Now let’s consider…
True or False. Justify false statements
- __ Cubing the chicken should take from 9-10 minutes
- __ The chef puts seasoning in the smart steamer before the BBQ chicken part.
- __ The Smart Steamer doesn’t have metal in it.
- __ The Chef uses a knife to chop the onion.
- __ The micropicture is put in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- __ BBQ Chicken Sliders take about 20 minutes to cook completely.
Videos JU’s group:
Today is the beginning of our FCE Program for 4th Medio students. As a way to further your development of language skills given by the International Baccalaureate Certification, you will go through a full Cambridge English Program that will prepare you to sit for the FCE exam at the end of the year.
Have a look at the way in which this exam is organized: It will help you develop the specific language skills required!
You will be given a numbered FCE book and you will have to use that same book every single class. You CANNOT write on that book, that is why bringing your English copybook is a MUST.
Our new timetable is: Mondays periods 4-5 (10:40 – 12:00) and we will be using the same classrooms as usual : MsVC 409 / MrJU 408.